It's all about the adventure!
My Romantic Suspense - Seducing the P.I. - placed third in the Heart of the West Contest 2013, Mystery Category
My Contemporary Romance - Cowboy in Her Bed placed first in The Lone Star Writing Competition 2014, Contemporary Romance Category
Find me stirring up trouble as a new contributor to WomenWriteAboutComics.com
The short of it:
Melinda B. Pierce is an author hobbyist, mother of two, and self-proclaimed trophy wife – although her husband defines her as being more high maintenance than anything else. When she has time she writes in almost every sub-genre of romance and refuses to follow the path of most resistance.
The long of it:
I'm originally from small-town, Georgia, and grew up between cotton and peanut fields. My early roads to adventure were paved in black and white pages encased in worn book covers. I owned the complete set of The Babysitters Club, read Edgar Allen Poe even when I didn't understand it, and at my dad's gentle nudging, read books by Louis L'Amour and Laura Ingalls Wilder. (thanks, Daddy!) My love of romance comes from my momma sharing her Johanna Lindsey and Kathleen E. Woodiwiss historicals. (I still love you, Fabio!)
When I graduated high school, I joined the Army and became a Military Police Officer. Following the military, I worked for a social services office, and finally settled into a paralegal position with a top law firm in Tampa, Florida.
My biggest adventures to date come in the form of a 2 yr old son and 8 yr old daughter. And as if the ultra-privilege of being a mother wasn't enough, I also get to be a writer. Life doesn't get much better than this!
Exploring the Geek - FL Style
All things Floridian and Geeky
BY MEGAN PURDY
Artist Vanessa Del Rey (HIT) Jake Wyatt (Necropolis) Fiona Staples (Saga) Emma Rios (Pretty Deadly) Jillian Tamaki (This One Summer)February: the month of love. Also, the second month of 2015. Now that we’ve got some distance from the wacky and wonderful (sometimes!) year that was 2014, it’s time to look back and show some love for comics creators and creations that stood out. Yup, it’s time for the Awesome Awards 2014: Comics Edition!
The polls will close on February 20th at 11:59 pm, EST, so you’ve got plenty of time to make your decision — I know it’s hard.
- Katie Skelly (Operation Margerine)
- John Allison (Bad Machinery)
- Madeleine Flores (Help Us! Oh Great Warrior)
- Noelle Stevenson (Nimona)
- Emily Carroll (Through the Woods)
- Kelly Sue DeConnick (Pretty Deadly, Captain Marvel)
- G. Willow Wilson (Ms. Marvel)
- Mariko Tamaki (This One Summer)
- Charles Soule (She-Hulk)
- Scott Snyder (Wytches, Batman)
- Vanessa Del Rey (HIT)
- Jake Wyatt (Necropolis)
- Fiona Staples (Saga)
- Emma Rios (Pretty Deadly)
- Jillian Tamaki (This One Summer)
- Princess Jellyfish, Akiko Higashimura
- The Wicked + The Divine, Jamie McKelvie and Keiron Gillen
- Pretty Deadly, Emma Rios and Kelly Sue DeConnick
- Sex Criminals, Chip Zdarsky and Matt Fraction
- Saga, Fiona Staples and Brian K. Vaughan
We are SO EXCITED about Bitch Planet by Kelly Sue Deconnick and Valentine De Landro. I mean, everyone is, but guys, we are SO EXCITED. Here’s why:
1. DAT ART. Valentine De Landro’s art is so good. SO GOOD. This page reminds us of Ghost in the Shell and Sailor Moon? Other pages are straight out of exploitation cinema. It’s all in there, and his lines, people, his lines.
2. DAT FINGER. Raise em up, ladies.
3. THOSE BODIES. Ugh, realistically depicted bodies in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colours. And pubic hair! Pubic hair.
4. THOSE NON-COMPLIANT LADIES. Mad as HELL and NOT TAKING IT. Hey dudes, you shall not pass. We will not comply.
Cisco’s duck t-shirt on The Flash:
#Cosplay from the very first Florida Anime Experience in 2011. http://instagram.com/p/y7jjBipwA3/
Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Valentine’s Day!!! <3 <3 <3 I hope everyone got some yummy chocolates too! :D #valentinesday #chocolate #dc #harleyquinn #reign_cosplay #saintvalentin #cosplay
Joan’s brown colorblock dress on Elementary:
If I’m going to NY in July, this is one of the dresses I totally need!
Tampa Bay Comic Con 2014
Yep. Yep. :) me and the kiddos
Andy Serkis and Wil Wheaton play “How Will They Bite It?” on the Wil Wheaton Project.